The mission of Cambridge Neighborhood Apartment Housing Services, Inc. is:
- To improve the number and quality of homes available to low- and moderate-income residents, with a primary focus on the needs of families, and to do all that we can to ensure that such housing remains affordable in perpetuity.
- To provide rehab loans at favorable terms to owners of multi-family rental housing in return for a commitment to maintain affordable rents for low to moderate-income tenants for the long term.
- To preserve diversity in terms of race, income, age, disability, and household structure in Cambridge.
- To structure all projects and activities such that low and moderate-income residents and owners have significant opportunities for participation.
- To develop innovative, replicable forms of affordable housing in order to provide the greatest range of housing options for low- and moderate-income families in Cambridge and elsewhere.
- To create opportunities for economic development that benefit low- and moderate-income residents.
- To maintain a Board of Directors that reflects a partnership model in the creation of affordable housing by the representation of tenants, property owners, City officials, and lenders.